Sunday, March 20, 2011

Around the World for People I Don't Know

Not long ago, I completed a blog, 20 Dates in 20 Weekends, A Craigslist Social Experiment.  By going on twenty dates in twenty weekends, I changed my life and moved through one of the most difficult periods I have ever experienced.  Now I want more, and though I am not sure the dating thing is the way to go, I do believe that meeting new people and having them show me what they love about the city they live in might be inspiring.  So, this is what I am doing; putting ads in Craigslist and other local papers to ask people to show me their very favorite parts of the city they live in.  I am starting in Portland, as I live here, but once this is done, I will move on to the next city, and I am taking suggestions.  In fact, the city with the most votes wins, and as of now, it is up in the air.  Suffice it to say that I will be in Portland until I meet and spend time with 25 people in the city.

So, if you want to show me what you love about the city, or want to tell me where to go next, I am listening.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment